Large Scale Solar
As governments worldwide push for renewable energy power sources in a bid to reduce reliance on traditional fossil fuel programs such as the Large Scale Solar in Malaysia have been introduced. This is where PESTECH comes in with its diverse team of experts in a multitude of fields to present the ideal solutions to clients.
SCOPES OF WORK
- Site feasibility studies: Include solar irradiance checks, site reconnaissance, and AC injection point inspections.
- PV system design and planning: Calculations and simulations to find best areas on the roof to place PV modules facing the optimum azimuth and tilt.
- Procurement: PESTECH has connections with all the major suppliers in the solar industry, allowing to bid at competitive price while providing the reliable solutions. In fact PESTECH has signed partnership agreements with some of these suppliers to further drive down the price.
- Project planning: Has an experienced team who excels at juggling multiple projects concurrently and is able to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
- Construction: PESTECH has site teams stationed in multiple countries throughout the ASEAN region. This allows for quick deployment of manpower to finish construction within deadline while adhering to local government mandates/laws – especially environmental laws.
- Financial studies: Accurate design estimations lead to accurate financial projections. This allows to give out precise quotations that rarely deviate much from initial projections.
- Asset management: PESTECH employs state of the art asset management systems which are integrated to the current workflow. This translate to more efficient planning and execution as well as faster response times to warnings/alerts.
- Operation and maintenance: PESTECH has a flexible workforce that can be mobilized to multiple sites to conduct routine checks and maintenance as well as emergency repairs if the need arises.
SCALE - Can exceed 100MWdc.
TYPES OF LARGE SCALE SOLAR
Some of the most common types of large scale solar farm:
1) Ground Mounted
Ground mounted solar farms are the traditional (and currently most common) type of solar farms. These involve installing the solar farm in regions with good irradiance. Farms can use fixed racks or automated tracker systems which points the PV modules perpendicular to the sun throughout. Although most of the times solar farms are installed on flatland, there are other times when hills/elevated terrain are used (especially when flatland is unavailable).
Due to the rise in land pricing some developers have opted to design floating solar farms especially on water bodies that do not have economic purposes (such as ex-mining lakes). Since the price of per square area of these water bodies are cheaper than land it helps push down the LCOE. Floating solar farms can be installed on lakes caused by dams as well. Since the water area covered by the PV modules effectively provide a shade over the water surface, this becomes a means to reduce water evaporation. This can be crucial in places that suffer frequently from droughts.
The vast majority of key industry players at the moment do not operate in regions which have frequent lightning strikes; the opposite is true. In face Malaysia has one of the highest frequencies of lightning strikes in the world. This puts PESTECH at the forefront as being a leader in lightning protection system design. PESTECH has the expertise and experience in designing adequate lightning protection to ensure the overall wellbeing of the solar farm to prevent costly asset damage and downtime.